Laan Copes van Cattenburch 69 GIn the short stay apartment 69G the pattern is a detail of the house of Berlage that can be found on the Groenhovenstraat (1927). In 2011 the photographer started creating The Hague façade motifs. Water should not dominate the pictures and the photographer wanted to be able to shoot everywhere and everything she wanted.
On the other hand she wanted to maintain the double mirror images. It means you do not immediately see what it is. For a facade motif the photographer first makes a picture of a small detail of a building. At home the picture is rotated a couple of times or the picture contains a beautiful detail which can be used. This piece is pasted to the original after reflecting it. This process is repeated a few times, sometimes more than 10 or 20 times. This results in a new image, a kaleidoscopic view. Nevertheless, the original building can always be found in the photo. In this apartment the pattern is a detail of the house of Berlage. Berlage (1856-1934) was in the Netherlands one of the most important architects. He pointed his contemporaries the way of traditional construction towards rationalism.
In his work elements of Art Nouveau can be identified. Characteristic are the brick façades with little unnecessary embellishments. Simplicity and functionality are important. After a visit to the United States Berlage was influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright and other American architects. The House of Berlage on the Groenhovenstraat was designed for an insurance company "De Nederlanden" in 1945. For this company he already designed the office on Kerkplein in The Hague. The latest work of Berlage was the Municipal Museum in The Hague. He himself thought it was his best work, unfortunately he never witnessed the completion.
Additional information short stay apartment Berlage
- Short stay apartment Berlage is located on the rear side of the building.
- Corner apartment with many large and tall windows.
- High monumental ceilings.
- A comfortable view on a square with monumental buildings and trees.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of features. Below you will find all features which all short stay apartments contains.
- You can compare the apartments of Residence Copes in The Hague with a 5 star hotel.
- All rental apartments in Residence Copes have their own gas, water and electricity meter.
- The bathroom of all short stay apartments are featured by both a power shower and hand shower. Furthermore, all bathrooms and toilets possess beautiful and accurate tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- The rental apartments have an optimal use of the surface. This is because each apartment has its own designed furniture.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed by using the thermostat.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
- The kitchen of the short stay apartment contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespreso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Adres Laan Copes van Cattenburch 69G
Stad Den Haag
Beschikbaar tot -
Oppervlakte 35 m²
Soort woning Appartement