Verra Real Estate complies at all times with the applicable privacy legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that we:
- Limit the processing of your personal information to only the information required for the purposes for which it is processed;
- Ask for your express permission if required for the processing of your personal information;
- Have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal information;
- Provide no personal information to other parties, unless this is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information has been provided;
- Inform you of your rights with respect to the processing of your personal information.
What personal information do we process?
We process information you have provided to us, for example regarding the delivery of products and/or services to you, or that you have made available to us by means of your using our website, completing a contact form, or signing up to receive our newsletter.
The personal information of yours that we process may be the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Contact information such as your telephone number and e-mail address
- Other information such as information regarding your Twitter, LinkedIN or other social media accounts
- The IP-address of the computer with which you have visited our website (see also our cookie statement)
- Identification information (passport or driver’s license)
- Income information (employer’s statement, employment contract and/or pay stubs)
- Bank account number
How we use the information
We use your personal information for a number of different purposes. They include the following:
a) Implementation of the agreement.
If you enter into an agreement with us, we ask for your contact information. We do this so that we are able to correspond with you. This information can also be used for billing purposes. We also use your information to execute the agreement we’ve entered into with you. For example, if we undertake activities related to the purchase, sale, rental or letting of a residential property.
b) Maintaining contact with you.
Your contact information is kept in our client system and may be used for, among other things, sending newsletters, updates, invitations to events and seminars and the provision of information that you have requested from us.
c) Improving our product and service information and carrying out focused marketing activities.
We want to provide you with relevant information. In order to do that we analyse the following:
- Interaction data: Personal information acquired as a result of contact between Verra Real Estate and you, for example via our website.
- Behaviour information: Personal information about your behaviour that Verra Real Estate processes, such as your preferences, opinion, desires and requirements. We can infer this information from, for example, your surfing patterns on our website, reading of our newsletters or because you have requested information. See also ‘Cookie use’.
- Analysis of the use of our website.
The website user statistics provide us with insight into, among other things, the number of visitors, the duration of the visit and which pages of the website are viewed. Such information gathering is generic, without data specific to the individuals. This information is used to improve our website.
- The improvement and security of our website
Legal grounds for information processing
We only process personal information if there is a legal justification for such processing. The legal justifications for our processing of personal data are the following:
- On the basis of an agreement or in preparation for entering into an agreement
- A legitimate interest
If we have asked your permission to process the personal information you have given us, and you have granted us this permission, then you also have the right to rescind this permission at any time.
Agreement or in preparation for entering into an agreement
If you have entered into an agreement with us, we process your personal information if and to the extent that it is necessary to do so to carry out the assignment.
We may also process personal information if we have a legitimate interest and in doing so do not make an unreasonable intrusion into your privacy. For example, we use your contact information to invite you to relevant meetings.
Third parties engaged by us (processors)
To process your personal data we may engage service providers (processors) who – exclusively for the purposes of the assignment – process the personal information and with whom we enter into a processor’s agreement. This processor’s agreement states, among other things, that the processors must restrict the use the personal information to that for which we have expressly issued instructions and may not use the personal information for their own purposes.
For example, processors that we use are parties who provide and host the software we use. In addition, we engage ICT service providers to manage our IT network. We also use the services of third parties to distribute our newsletters.
Provision of personal information to third parties outside the EU
In providing our services it may be necessary to share personal information with parties who are located outside the EU. For example, if we engage one of our foreign partners to look for an appropriate residence for you.
Any individual may, based on the law, exercise certain rights with respect to his or her personal information. Accordingly, you have the right to examine, correct, or remove personal information. You may also file an objection against the use of your information or ask to limit its use. In certain cases you can even request your information and take it with you to another party. For any questions concerning these rights you can contact us via our telephone number or email@example.com.
We keep your personal information as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we have acquired it, unless there is a legally specified storage period.
If you have complaints regarding the way we use your personal information, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us. We will happily help you to find a suitable solution. If the problem is nonetheless unable to be resolved, you can always contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.